04 Feb Program Update – Monday 4 February
IN THIS UPDATE
- Mission Portfolio update
- National Website
- Interim Brand Guidelines
- Gender Equity in the Australia Territory
- Coming soon – Pulse Survey 5
- Innovation Hub – have you made an application?
- Support for you in the Australia Territory
- And much more!
UPDATE FROM THE MISSION PORTFOLIO
The Mission portfolio is rapidly taking shape with many team members commencing in their new positions across our four Mission departments – Social Mission, Mission Support, Community Engagement and Policy, Research and Social Justice (PRSJ). The remaining services in Victoria will transition into the national stream within the coming weeks.
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Shirli Congoo as the national General Manager Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Ministry, and also an expanded role for Rod Yule who is now General Manager Local Mission Delivery and Resources. We hope to announce the appointment to remaining key roles in the very near future.
The Mission department organisational charts have now been added to the 2019 Transition How-To Guide for your reference. This is in addition to the key contacts for each department and the pictorial organisational charts of our leadership teams and is available via the Lotus Notes bulletin board or the intranet (https://intranet.salvos.net).
NATIONAL WEBSITE AND INTERIM BRAND GUIDELINES
National Website – www.salvationarmy.org.au
The Australia Territory website will go-live in February.
This supports a united voice for the Australia Territory as our national website is a key way that many people engage with us; one site will help to ensure that people get the most up to date information from a single source.
The national web address – www.salvationarmy.org.au – aligns with The Salvation Army’s international standards.
What’s changing and what’s not?
- The salvos.org.au and salvationarmy.org.au websites will be merged
- Web pages are being updated so that they now provide accurate national information
- Former AUS web pages (e.g. corps pages) are progressively being migrated to the national website and formatted to be read on mobile devices
- Former AUE web pages (e.g. corps pages) will look the same, however Salvos.org.au website addresses will change to salvationarmy.org.au
- Automatic redirects will ensure that users accessing any Salvation Army webpages will be redirected to the correct page
- sarmy.org.au, mysalvos.org.au, and any sites on other domains (e.g. www.employmentplus.com.au) are not affected by this change.
This paves the way for further upgrades to the website in the future
Please email any queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interim Brand Guidelines
In February we are launching new Interim Brand Guidelines to support the expression of The Salvation Army as the Australia Territory.
It provides practical instruction on the way that we express our brand, like using our logo, as well as guidance on font, colours and our brand voice.
A comprehensive review of The Salvation Army brand and its expressions will be undertaken later this year to develop more detailed guidelines.
The interim brand guidelines will be available from mid-February on the intranet https://intranet.salvos.net and the Lotus Notes bulletin boards.
If you have never logged on to the intranet, please follow the instructions here.
GENDER EQUITY UPDATE
In case you missed it….
Recent articles in Others Magazine about Gender Equity in the Australia Territory
General Brian Peddle reflects on gender equity in The Salvation Army internationally and the next steps to achieving gender equity in the new Australia Territory.
“As General, what is now clear to me is that there are relatively few women who are leading in decision-making positions. In the officer/leader arena I am referring to those who lead our training colleges, and divisions, or are in leadership positions at territorial headquarters, specifically those of territorial commander, officer commanding and chief secretary.”
Read the full article here: https://others.org.au/features/have-we-got-it-wrong/
The team at Eva Burrows College has welcomed Major Christine Faragher as a full-time researcher into gender equity – she is jointly supported by The Salvation Army and the University of Divinity.
“The primary starting point is likely to be the experience of women officers. This will not just be an academic exercise but an in-depth look at what we’re focusing on as an organisation in gender equity, with the expectation that the research will have practical outcomes in terms of informing thinking, strategies, policy and direction going forward.”
INNOVATION FUND UPDATE
Have you made an application?
As reported in the last Transformation Update, an innovation fund has been established to support and facilitate innovative local and community projects with up to $20,000 available for individual initiatives.
To date, the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) has received almost 30 queries and 3 formal submissions. Get in touch with the EPMO to discuss your idea and learn more via email: email@example.com
COMING SOON – PULSE SURVEY 5
Have your say! Pulse Survey 5 is coming in March 2019, stay tuned for more information
SUPPORTING OUR PEOPLE INTO 2019
From Monday 7 January to Friday 29 March 2019, The Transition Support Team will provide some additional support tools to assist Salvos as we begin our new chapter as the Australia Territory:
- Transformation How-To Guide – All employees and officers can now access a Transition How-To Guide with key information about the Territory, contact information and answers to common operational questions under the Australia Territory, from HR and finance to property and Chaplaincy.
Staff based in the former AUE can access the guide from the intranet and staff in the former AUS can access it from the Lotus Notes Bulletin Board.
- Questions –If you don’t know where to go or who to ask regarding any Australia Territory operational enquiry, please send an email to our national email address firstname.lastname@example.org or AustraliaOne@aue.salvationarmy.org, and the team will promptly seek answers on your behalf. The Australia One mailbox will be monitored during business hours until Friday 29 March 2019
Do you know someone who would like to receive the National Transformation Updates? All Salvos are encouraged to subscribe at: https://australiaone.info/subscribe/
Stay in touch
You can keep up to date with the latest news and information about the national transition program by visiting our website (australiaone.info), or via Others magazine (others.org.au online or in printed copy).
You can also contact us directly through our mailbox: