21 Jan Program Update – Monday 21 January
In this Update
- Welcome back to 2019
- Support for you in the Australia Territory
- National Website
- Employment Plus Update
- Innovation Fund Update from EPMO
- New edition of the Invest blog
And much more!
FIRST NATIONAL TRANSFORMATION UPDATE FOR 2019
Welcome back to 2019. We hope you had a relaxing, healthy and happy Christmas and New Year with your loved ones.
We look forward to continuing our journey as the Australia territory with you this year.
SUPPORTING OUR PEOPLE INTO 2019
From Monday 7 January to Friday 29 March 2019, The Transition Support Team will provide some additional support tools to assist Salvos as we begin our new chapter as the Australia Territory:
Until Friday 29 March 2019, The Transition Support Team will provide some additional support tools to assist Salvos as we begin our new chapter as the Australia Territory:
- Transformation How-To Guide – All employees and officers can now access a Transition How-To Guide with key information about the Territory, contact information and answers to common operational questions under the Australia Territory, from HR and finance to property and Chaplaincy.
Staff based in the former AUE can access the guide from the intranet and staff in the former AUS can access it from the Lotus Notes Bulletin Board.
- Questions – If you don’t know where to go or who to ask regarding any Australia Territory operational enquiry, please send an email to our national email address email@example.com or AustraliaOne@aue.salvationarmy.org, and the team will promptly seek answers on your behalf. The Australia One mailbox will be monitored during business hours until Friday 29 March 2019
Our public website will become national during February 2019. This is a merge of the two existing public websites and this refresh helps reduce confusion for our communities as they search online for The Salvation Army. This project has been completed in conjunction with content owners from across the organisation.
What’s changing and what’s not?
- All territorial-level web pages are being updated so that they now provide accurate national information
Local and divisional Southern Territory web pages (e.g. corps pages) are in the process of being migrated to the national system, and will be made mobile-friendly as a result
- Local and divisional Eastern Territory web pages (e.g. corps pages) are already using the national system and will remain unchanged, however salvos.org.au website owners will notice that their website address will change to salvationarmy.org.au once the national site goes live.
- Redirects will be put in place so that website visitors accessing old addresses will be automatically taken to the correct page – nothing is required on your part to enable this.
- Please note that sarmy.org.au, mysalvos.org.au, and any sites on other domains (e.g. www.employmentplus.com.au) are not affected by this change.
The website is an important step under the Australia Territory and supports the Australia One objective of having a United Voice. Uniting the two websites now paves the way for future upgrades to our websites in coming years.
EMPLOYMENT PLUS UPDATE
Introducing Graeme White – Interim National Director, The Salvation Army Employment Plus.
Graeme is an experienced CEO, having held a similar position with Guide Dogs Victoria for six years and with Guide Dogs NSW/ACT for eight years until August, 2017. Graeme held both positions concurrently between 2009-2011, and has been combining part time work with consulting roles since then.
After graduating with a PhD in science, Graeme worked in the pharmaceutical and medical sectors for some 26 years, including in wholesale and retail sales, account management, marketing management and general management. Graeme is also a certified executive coach.
Graeme commenced with Employment Plus on Wednesday 2 January, 2019. The appointment of an interim national director of Graeme’s capability will provide leadership stability for Employment Plus during implementation of The Salvation Army’s Australia One program and sustain the operational and strategic momentum of Employment Plus itself.
INNOVATION FUND UPDATE
“To achieve our vision of transforming Australia one life at a time for the love of Jesus, we will pioneer again. Creating opportunities for new expressions of mission to arise in our local communities.” Tracey Tidd, Still Others Conference, 2018
As we move into the Australia Territory, we recognise that we have challenges that can be addressed in new and exciting ways. One of the strategic imperatives in our National Strategy is to encourage innovation across all areas of our organisation.
We’ve established an innovation fund which will help turn your ideas about our mission expressions into reality. We’re initially looking to develop local community-focused projects and encourage you to send in your ideas.
We know that your expert knowledge of your local communities is the key to making our mission expression as effective as possible.
- Get the creativity flowing – start thinking about how we can innovate in our mission expressions – anyone can raise an idea!
- Email the Innovation team firstname.lastname@example.org and the EPMO team will send through the form and checklist
- If your idea is successful, we’ll start developing your idea with a budget of $20,000.
This is the first step in a wider innovation program – s we’re starting by targeting ideas within your local community and will eventually be able to have a similar process for funding larger innovations.
The Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) is administering the innovation fund and associated processes. The EPMO will do occasional reviews of innovation ideas that have been funded. If you would like to discuss your idea before submitting to ensure that it aligns with the goals of the fund, please email email@example.com
Read more about the Innovation Fund on the Others magazine here
INVEST BLOG – DID YOU KNOW….
The Invest blog is developed by the Learning and Development team as a resource for leaders as we enter into the new Australia Territory. It provides leaders with helpful ideas, resources, tools and contacts to better enable them to lead themselves and their teams through this transition.
The January edition of the Invest blog is out now! This month we focus on leading people through endings and beginnings.
If you would like to receive this blog, please subscribe through the link in the newsletter. There is also a contact section where you can submit your feedback or ideas on what you would like to see in future editions.
Read the latest blog post here
100 Days of Prayer and Devotion
The 100 Days of Prayer and Devotion completed on 1 January 2019. Salvos around the country joined us on a spiritual journey of reflection through the 100 Days and on the journey to become one Australia territory. Thank you to everyone who contributed, shared their thoughts and prayers, and set aside time each day to reflect on national journey.
Do you know someone who would like to receive the National Transformation Updates? All Salvos are encouraged to subscribe at: https://australiaone.info/subscribe/
Stay in touch
You can keep up to date with the latest news and information about the national transition program by visiting our website (australiaone.info), or via Others magazine (others.org.au online or in printed copy).
You can also contact us directly through our mailbox: