11 Dec Program Update – Monday 11 December
- The Mission Delivery Operating Model has been approved
- THQ Vision Briefing can now be watched online
- New Group Executive – Mission Enterprises
The Mission Delivery Operating Model is now approved!
The Mission Delivery Operating Model (MDOM) was endorsed by the Australia One Steering Committee on December 7.
The new Operating Model, ratified by IHQ, presents new opportunities for innovation and collaboration in the delivery of our missional work.
The model articulates how mission is carried out at the frontline and defines the structure for how mission delivery is supported.
The development of the model has been driven by a single overriding principle: “Holistic, integrated mission is a defining part of The Salvation Army’s DNA.”
Key aspects of the new model are as follows:
- Area Officers will lead Local Mission Delivery, and be accountable for local missional outcomes.
- Integration of Mission Delivery will be facilitated by an ‘Area Leadership Team’, which will bring together expression leaders in that geographical area for the benefit of the community.
- The Mission Department will be centrally coordinated and set standards, governance and compliance requirements for Mission expressions.
- Social Program expression leaders and Chaplains will continue to be line managed by subject matter experts but will work with Area Officers to deliver local missional outcomes
- Provision of Business Support, Personnel and Communications will be centrally coordinated.
An Implementation Working Group, sponsored by Lieutenant Colonel Lyn Edge has been formed to support the implementation of the new model, which will commence in January 2018 and continue in phases throughout the year.
We look forward to sharing more details of the Mission Delivery Operating Model in upcoming Australia One Program Updates.
Vision Briefing available online
In November Commissioner Floyd Tidd facilitated Vision Briefing sessions at both THQ locations. A video recording of the Sydney session is now available to view on the Australia One website.
Introduction to Group Executive – Mission Enterprises
Mr Jeff Davey – Group Executive, Mission Enterprises
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Jeff Davey to the role of Group Executive – Mission Enterprises.
Jeff was the CEO of Baptcare Victoria & Tasmania for almost a decade and has most recently served as the director of a management consulting division of a medium sized Chartered Accounting practice that helps human services providers adapt to change.
Jeff is excited about working with The Salvation Army because it offers the opportunity for him to use his commercial, managerial and leadership skills in a mission context.
Jeff will commence in the role on Monday 29th January.
You can keep up to date with the latest Australia One news and information by regularly visiting the Australia One website (australiaone.info), or your monthly edition of OTHERS magazine (others.org.au online or in printed copy).
You can also raise any questions you may have with your manager, either at your regular team meeting or outside of those meetings.
You can also contact us directly through the Australia One email inbox:
You can print a copy of this Program Update by using your internet browser’s print function.